QUALITY FOR SUCCESS
WANT TO TAKE YOUR ENTERPRISE TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
Improving the quality of your products and services, being more aware of customer and market requirements and implementing initiatives aimed at streamlining processes, ensuring compliance with requirements and saving scarce resources can significantly enhance your level of competitiveness and increase profitability.
Through the Youth Empowerment Project (YEP), Gambian enterprises wishing to enhance the quality of their products and service offers are invited to apply to benefit for assistance to carry out internal quality improvement and or food safety initiatives.
The assisted enterprises will also have the opportunity to benefit from one of more of the following:
- Basic quality enhancement programmes (all sectors): eg basics of LEAN, 5S, etc, are aimed at streamlining internal processes, reduce defects and waste, enhance efficiency and address specific market and customer requirements (domestic market and/or specific export markets).
- ISO 9001 (all sectors): Implementing an ISO 9001 quality management system will help you assess the overall context of your enterprise to define who is affected by your work and what they expect from you. This will enable you to clearly state your objectives and identify new business opportunities, put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and enhance their satisfaction.
- HACCP (food sectors): Becoming compliant with the food safety systems according to Codex Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) will bring the benefit of being in compliance with requirements of certain export markets since many countries have adopted or are likely to adopt HACCP in their food regulations as mandatory requirements. Implementing HACCP will require prior implementation of GHP.
The selected enterprises will benefit from direct assistance over a period of time by a team of youth trainers being trained on the job and overseen by international experts. The assistance will be tailor-made to the needs of the enterprise and may focus entirely on the domestic market or on specific export markets depending on levels of operations, vision of the business in question and available resources at enterprise level. The scope of the assistance will be defined jointly with each enterprise as part of the initial assessment.
Applicants must meet the following selection criteria to qualify for support:
- Commitment to improve quality management in order to expand sales on domestic, regional and/or international markets.
- Having committed personnel to implement recommendations, maintaining records and following up on initiatives
- In case of certification to HACCP or ISO 9001, commitment to implement the recommendations for compliance with HACCP/ISO 9001 requirements, including potentially having the financial means to upgrade the infrastructure if required (unless related grants or loans can be secured).
- Interested enterprises are invited to complete the application form and return it to the address below no later than the closing date. Download Application form: Application form
- The selection of enterprises will be made by a committee comprising representatives of TGSB, MOTIE and the YEP Office. Successful enterprises will be contacted and may be requested to be available for an interview on a date to be confirmed.
Applications should be submitted to the address below. Both hard and electronic applications are accepted.
The Gambia Standards Bureau
130 Kairaba Avenue
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 10th August 2018
For any enquiries, please call: 4494512 / 2994142 / 2391696
Youth enterprises are particularly encouraged to apply.