Conformity assessment is the process used to show that a product, service or system meets specified requirements. These requirements are likely to be contained in an ISO standard. But, ISO itself does not perform conformity assessments.
Showing that a product, service or system meets certain requirements has a number of benefits:
- It provides consumers with added confidence.
- It gives the company a competitive edge.
- It helps regulators ensure that health, safety or environmental conditions are met.
The Gambia Standards Bureau as the National Standards Body of The Gambia was established to standardize, test, and certify methods and products produced or consumed in the country.
The Gambia Standards Bureau provides internationally recognized conformity assessment services to:
- support and enhance the quality, safety and environmental soundness of goods, services and processes;
- provide consumers with confidence that the products and services they acquire meet their requirement;
- give assurance to manufacturers/producers that what they provide meet market requirements;
- give regulators the confidence that their requirements in regulations have been met.
Our Conformity Assessment services include Testing, Inspection, and Certification of Products and Systems.