To standardize goods, services and systems in accordance with internationally-recognized procedures to enhance industrial growth and efficiency, facilitate trade, promote health, safety and environmental protection.
Guiding Principles and Values
In the delivery of its mandate and fulfilment of its strategic vision, The Gambia Standards Bureau adheres to the following principles and values:
- Principle 1: Standards development will be driven by the needs of stakeholders and Gambian Standards (TGSB) will only be produced where appropriate.
- Principle 2: Standards development will follow internationally-recognized procedures for the preparation, adoption and application of standards.
- Principle 3: TGSB shall be informed by internationally-recognized good practices to resolve the conflicts of interest foreseeable in its programmes and activities.
- Principle 4: For TGSB to be successful and continue to be relevant as facilitator to industry and trade, it should not mix any regulatory functions in its portfolio.
- Principle 5: TGSB follows core values of transparency, integrity, inclusiveness and consensus- building.
These and other details are contained the five-year TGSB Strategic Plan 2015 – 2019.