The World Trade Organization (WTO) Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Enquiry Point is the official body that responds to requests from mainly traders and dispatch relevant information by means of telephone, email, direct physical visit or through this website. The WTO agreements describe the responsibility of National Enquiry Points as follows:
- to answer to all reasonable questions from interested countries,
- to provide relevant documents.
WTO members are obliged to notify the contact details of their NEP to the WTO secretariat, so that the information is available to all their members.
Access to trade-related information is essential for clarity and predictability of international trade transactions. Therefore, the enquiry point is a means to facilitate access to information already published, with the additional benefit of providing it in a personalized and customized manner responding to specific requests.
How does the Enquiry Point manage information
- The Bureau has signed an MOU with the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Regional Integration and Employment (MOTIE) for the regular feeding of information on standards and technical regulations to their Trade Information Portal;
- The Enquiry Point maintains its own comprehensive electronic information library on notifications, technical regulations, standards on products of concern to the Gambia
- The Enquiry Point coordinates the transmission of requests to the concerned national agencies, compiling their replies and sending them back to the requesting party.