The Gambia Standards Bureau Act of 2010 established the Bureau as the sole National Standards Body of The Gambia with the goal to standardize methods, systems and products produced or consumed in the country.
In addition to Standardization, one of its core functions is to certify products for conformity to standard specifications. In order to fulfill this function, Section 5 sub-section D of the Act mandates the Bureau to specify a Standard Mark called The Gambia Standards Bureau Certification Mark.
According to the International Standard for Bodies Certifying Products (ISO/IEC17065:2012), the Bureau is required to issue attestations to product certification clients that have been certified using its approved Standard Mark of Quality. The Bureau has set up a Certification Body (CB) with a Product Certification Unit to undertake the certification of products. As a first priority and in response to the national stakeholders’ needs as well as the broader ECOWAS Regional Quality Infrastructure, the Bureau has defined a Product Certification Scheme for Bottled/Packaged Drinking Water.
It is in this regard that the Bureau is undertaking the design and production of its Standard Mark of Quality that would be issued as an attestation on bottled/packaged drinking water products which meets the requirements of the National Standard on Packaged Drinking Water.
- The Gambia Standards Bureau has received funds from the Government of The Gambia in dalasi towards the cost of development and production of The Gambia Standards Bureau Standard Mark of Quality. It is intended that part of these funds will be applied to eligible payments under the contract(s) for which this Request for Proposals is issued.
- The Gambia Standards Bureau intends to select bidders for the following service contract under this project: Development and production of The Gambia Standards Bureau Standard Mark of Quality.
- A complete set of solicitation documents may be inspected and obtained by interested bidders from The Gambia Standards Bureau at Kotu East (from the Conformity Assessment Division and Procurement Unit) from Mondays to Thursdays from 8:00 AM to 16: 00 PM and Fridays from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
- An electronic copy of the Request For Proposals (RFP) and all relating documents (Eligibility and Qualification criteria, Scope of Work & Technical requirements, Specifications & Features, Term of References (TORs) and Functionalities can be assessed free of charge at: www.tgsb.gm/press-release
- Submissions of Proposals must be received in sealed envelopes at the office of the Secretary of the Director General or the reception of The Gambia Standards Bureau not later than 9th July 2021 @ 12:30PM and be clearly marked “Proposal for the development and production of The Gambia Standards Bureau Standard Mark of Quality.
- The number of copies of Proposals to be submitted by Bidder is four. One original proposal for technical and one original proposal for financial sealed in separate envelopes and marked ORIGINAL. Also one copy proposal for technical and one copy proposal for financial sealed in separate envelopes and marked COPY. All envelopes must be put in one envelope and marked Proposal for the development and production of The Gambia Standards Bureau Standard Mark of Quality.
- All questions for clarifications should be sent to the following: email@example.com or call 2994142/2279577/3781517.
Bidders will be advised, in due course, of the results of their Proposals.