WHAT WE DO
Guiding Principles and Values
In the delivery of its mandate and fulfilment of its strategic vision, The Gambia Standards Bureau adheres to the following principles and values:
- Principle 1: Standards development will be driven by the needs of stakeholders and Gambian Standards (TGSB) will only be produced where appropriate.
- Principle 2: Standards development will follow internationally-recognized procedures for the preparation, adoption and application of standards.
- Principle 3: TGSB shall be informed by internationally-recognized good practices to resolve the conflicts of interest foreseeable in its programmes and activities.
- Principle 4: For TGSB to be successful and continue to be relevant as facilitator to industry and trade, it should not mix any regulatory functions in its portfolio.
- Principle 5: TGSB follows core values of transparency, integrity, inclusiveness and consensus- building.
These and other details are contained the five-year TGSB Strategic Plan 2015 – 2019.